Re: [T3] Generator

On 1 Nov 2001, at 16:56, Erick Williams wrote:

> Just a simple question. If I had to, for an emergency,
> could I use a bug generator to get me home or for a
> little while? I know that the bug gen is hooked up to
> the fan shroud but when all that stuff is off it still
> could work right?

You can use it, but it lacks the hole in the housing where cooling
air enters from below on the type 3 generator. It will have an extra
shaft coming out the front end, but that won't bother anything as
long as you MAKE SURE that all your wires stay away from it.

If you use a lot of current from it in hot weather it will eventually
burn up.