Re: [T3] engine diagnosis

On 1 Nov 2001, at 11:14, veedub@apartment101.com wrote:

> I have casesavers; the Crank has already been balanced, although I'm not
> certain of the rods.  Do the full flow oil filters bolt right on to the oil pump
> housing, or does it replace the oil cooler somehow?

Good on the casesavers. Balance must be done to everything together to
have any real effect: pressure plate, flywheel, crank, fan, pulley, then rods
and pistons.

For full details on full flow filtering see:

How to Hotrod Volkswagen Engines
by Bill Fisher
published by H. P. Books, Tucson, AZ, 1970
ISBN 0-912656-03-4
(excellent book, well written and researched)

Berg sells most of the parts but it's not an easy install on a type 3.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054