Re: [T3] Brake adjustment

In a message dated 99-03-30 18:32:24 EST, Super70ty@aol.com writes:

> Alright I feel stupid asking this but I'm trying to adjust my rear brakes on
>  my 70 FB. And I've been looking at the Muir book to help. Looking at fig
8-2
Ryan,
      You might want to consider removing the rear drums. Not much fun if this
hasn't been done in a while as the hub nut may be well rusted in place.
However removal of the drums will give you a good look at what is going on
behind them. I had an adjusting star completing missing on one of my rear
wheels. This will also give you a chance to see how the pads on the shoes are,
even though this can be done looking through the holes used for adjusting. Yes
use a flathead screw driver & a flashlight helps too...not for adjusting but
for seeing. 8^)

Tom
'68 Fastback (Thumper)
'70 Bug (Bailey)