[T3] ATF change

changed my ATF today and got a bit of a surprise: the pan was full of bits of
metal.
well, not full, but there was quarter of what seemed to be a washer, about 1.5
inches in diameter, and lots of bits about 0.125 x 0.125 inches square. and
powdered metal in the pan, just like the stuff i find on my engine sump plate
when i change the oil :)
apart from my vacuum modulator leaking, there doesn't seem to be anything
wrong with the transmission. am i ok? i still have the bits if someone wants
to diagnose what they are.
oh, also, the inside of the transmission and pan had a light coating of a
yellow-green color that came off easily when i cleaned it. is this normal?

sonny