[T3] T34 Owners on the vwtype3.org

>> I've yet to see any in-depth discussions about the T34 in our list.  I'm
>> guessing the T34 volk are in the www.vwtype34.org mail list since it is such
>> a specialized creature.

>I agree. The T34's have their own maillist - I'd be pretty sure that
>they don't
>include too many Fastbacks into their disscusions. Just my opinion since
>I don't
>subscribe to their list.

OK, I need to say something that is not meant as a flame against anyone,
and hopefully noone will take offense...

But why are we excluding anyone?

The Type 34 club has it's own email list. I have been on it. They talk
about the differences between the '62 taillight lens and the '69 taillight
lens.  Would either of you be interested?
probably not.

Would most of them be interested in a squareback sliding ragtop kit?
probably not.

So, we should exclude them because they have a some different body parts
than your car? Because they are not the most represented list member cars?
ђсъ@ is true, I move we exclude the following from using this list:
any mention of other car's owned
any mention of other interests
round nose Type 3's
FI type 3's
Fastbacks
Notchbacks
Show car Type 3's

The only thing we should include is 1970-72 US spec squarebacks that are
stock, not finished, faded paint and not able to be driven on the road
safely.

get my point?

NOW, I ask all of you on the list who own T34's or have an interest in
T34's to reply to the list stating this. Let's see how many members are
with me?

Make sure to keep the subject at the top of this email and replace ALL of
the body with a short statement of your interest.  It's your decision if
you would like to state ownership or just interest.  I just want to see how
many are willing to be excluded.

Big Al
Member of BOTH lists