Re: [T3] Engine Rebuilds - Original or Exchange?

AZBob=> I've always herd if the,WX#'s don't match the car is
     => severely devalued. Does it really matter on T-IIIs.

This is primarily an issue for muscle cars. After this much time it's
unusual to find air-cooled VWs with the original case -- they do wear
out, after all -- so the value of the car is generally disconnected from
the engine. That said, since I had the original case, I rebuilt it and I
consider it a point of pride. I don't expect it to matter monetarily
when I sell the car, tho.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343