Re: [T3] To be or not to be...

On 19 Mar 99, at 18:25, Justin wrote:

> What do I have???????
>
> I bought all parts for a 1600, and everything is fitting together
> nicely.  Should I follow the assembly directions for a 1600?  Everything
> else I have done has been for a 1600, so I'm rather confused about the
> case code.

So am I. There never was an "O" type 3 engine, and all the dual oil
pressure relief valve cases were made 70-. So yours should be a late
1600. It will have cam bearings and 8mm oil pump studs. OTOH, there
might be any number of possibilities of what else could have been
assembled into that case.

It could, for example, have:

An early non O-ring crank
different crank shims (required by above)
six volt flywheel
180 mm clutch
1500cc P/Cs
Single port heads
Single carb

You won't know 'til you get in there and look.

I am sending you a file of all the type 3 engines.

Jim