[T3] mystery switch...

Hi,

I have this switch that came out of my 65 notchback. The›Z_°ginaly went
to France. As I was un-wiring my car, to paint, I completely disassembled her.
Well, this switch.
It was located directly (somewhat) below the wiper/squirter knob, pointing down
towards the floor. I know its a VW switch, as its stamped into the plastic
on the back. Its kind of rectangular/square, about as big around as a
quarter(sorry to non-us). There is an ivory knob on it. It has 3 terminals,
with 2 being connected to long thick yellow wires running up to and ending,
snipped off, in the spare tire well on the left(lhd). The third terminal
wasnt connected.
The pic. on the NONA accesories page has the switch in a similar spot.

Any ideas....anyone?
I have pic's posted on my "in the works page".

TIA,
Chad
65 notch middle of the road grey, with 6V.