Re: [T3] Sorry, but I just have to vent!

Phil -

I believe (and please some correct me if I am wrong) that the
glass is only held in by the friction between the glass and the
rubber and the rubber and the frame.  The rubber is compressed
when the glass is installed.  If the rubber is original, it has
probably hardened and shrunk and just does not put enough force
(creating more friction) to keep the glass held in place.

If you want to make sure it never comes out again, go to your
local auto glass place and aWüÁ@ some urethane windshield
adhesive and glue it back in with a small bead of this stuff.  It
is all that holds your windshield in your car, even in a
front-end collision.  Good stuff.  Just follow the directions and
watch the "working time".  Don't want to end up with the glass
half way in the channel and have the glue set.  Not pretty.  This
is a pretty permanent fix.  Hope you never break the glass.

Other option would be to try WCM and see if new rubber is
available.

Or come over to the DARK SIDE and go with one-piece windows and
eliminate the vents all together..... 8^)

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty