RE: [T3] AC

	The dash unit contains the evaporator, but there must be a condensor

	somewhere outside the car to get rid of the heat that the evaporator

	pulls out of the interior. Some came in 2 parts in the fenders, but
	most came in one large piece that fit under the front axle.

	<<<So I now understand, mea culpa.

	VWoA IS dealer stuff. VWoA means stuff that VWoA went out

	<<<Aaahh.

	until the warrantee (2 years, 24k miles) was out.

	<<<Yuck.

	Interesting, none of the ones I have seen had anything special here.

	<<<Well, he actually showed me the two tins next to each other, and
the A/C one had a little doobie welded on that positioned the 'cleaner back
about 2cm.  This was all out of the car, but even then I thought it'd be
tough to get the intake hose on there with *any* replacement, but he said
it'd fit before.  I cannot account for the veracity of his statements.

	I'm actually surprised that the front-fender setup was a dealer
thing, the work looked very uniform and well finished to me.  Ah, well; it'd
have been nice in the summer.

	Jim