Re: [T3] Mechanical fuel pump questions

> Hey volks, I'm having some trouble with a mechanical fuel pump.  It's on a
> '73 engine, and the pump is not working when it is installed.  We can get it
> to pump by moving the pump manually, and the pushrod is moving correctly
> when the engine turns over.

Remove the pump and turn the engine over by hand until the pump push
rod is at a high point. Then drop the pump onto its studs and see if
you have to push it down against its own spring pressure to seat
against the spacer; this should be the case. The type 3 and type 1
spacers are the same.

The manuals all show the exact length that the push rod should
protrude at this point. You should measure and verify this.

Jim