Re: type3-d Digest V99 #122

In a message dated 3/7/99 8:48:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, type3-d-
request@vwtype3.org writes:

<< o use the two 69 clamp plates that hold the
 beam in place. Of course you understand that you will end up with
 disk brakes and 4-bolt wheels, too.

 The later tandem master cylinder would also be necessary, or at least
 the late simplex MC that >>

Swapping beam assy'süÞÇike a pain unless your beam is damaged or rusted
out. Swapping axle assy's is a much easier way if you're looking for disc
brakes etc. As mr Adney has stated you'll need a late model dual circuit
master cylinder and various hard lines -- but it's a fairly straightforward
swap. I just got done doing the same thing on my 65 notch -- 69 spindles and
calipers and a new master cyl. it was very easy.

Dan