Re: 12 volt conversion

Henrik,
	You can buy a little thing called a volt-a-drop from various suppliers,
(Rocky Mountain Motor Works, etc) It merely lowers the 12 volts supplied from
your new generator to 6.  It fits in line with the wiring.  I would think that
this would be your best bet instead of replacing the whole motor.  (and I also
am not sure if the '67 would fit!)  You can use the 6volt starter with a 12
volt system, but I definitely wouldn't run it continuously for very long,
really turns the engine over fast!!  Don't know about the fuel gauge or
sender, and for the regulator, I'm not sure either, but I think the type 3
generator puts out more wattage than the type 1, and I don't know if that will
affect it.  I also think the type 1 regulator doesn't have as many connection
points too.

Yancy Everhart
'66 squareback Gertrude
'66 beetle sunroof