Re: [T3] Pressure in water bottle.....

Dave Hall wrote:

> Don't know what the bottle for the '64 would need, but 40 psi should do.
> For '70-on, 42 psi is usual for Notch and Fastback (black cap), and 56 psi
> for Squareback (red cap).  The higher pressure is dictated by the need to
> leave more air in the spare in case it is needed.  It's very difficult over
> here to find the higher rated tops for the Variant (sorry, Squareback).

Dave, I wont agree fully here. After my long explanation about different
models, there is still an issue not covered, the late model Variant I and
Variant II.... The Variant I has the same mechanical parts as the Notch & Fast,
while the Variant is a HD model, allowing the car to carry another 90 kgs of
load on the rear axle, the II uses 8pr tires, instead of the 6pr tires for the
I model, and 4pr tires for the Notch & Fast. According to my '73 Owners manual,
the II also used swingaxles, instead of IRS system. The Variant II also use
bigger brakes than the Variant I, I now this first hand, as I had some trouble
finding the right brake parts for my '73 Variant.... Every catalogue listed the
Variant as using different pads, calipers, master cylinder etc. than the Notch
& Fast, but I have the same brake system as the Notch & Fast. The black cap is
for the general models, while the red cap is for II models

BTW, the front brake pads for my '73 turned out to be the same pads as the rear
pads of Volvo 240s.%^of course)

PerL
'73 Variant L (I)
'68 1300