Re: [T3] Cam specs

On 24 Jun 99, at 18:55, daniel simons wrote:

> Does anyone know the lift and duration of the stock camshaft used on the
> 1972 1600 with fuel injection from a T-3 Squareback???

I believe there are only 2 camshafts (ignoring drive gear diameter
variations) used in all 1300-1600 VW engines, and the only difference
between these 2 is the way the drive gear attaches to the cam.

The early cam has a 3 rivet gear and the late (72-3) cam has 4 rivets
and is dished. They require different oil pumps.

I think the lift and duration specs on both of these are the same,
but I don't know what the specs are.

Jim