[T3] VDO Tach wiring

I just got a vdo tach but it came with the wrong instructions.  I've got
the standard kind (cockpit series) but the instructions are for some wierd
programable one.  Mine has three connectors in a row on the back but the
book shows four in a square pattern.  Does anyone have the same one I do
and/or know what connector is for what?  I dont really want to hook up the
12v lead to the wrong connector and fry it trying to figure it out.
Thanks,
	Aaron