Re: FW: [T3] Quiet Mufflers

>An extractor helps to draw in more of the air/fuel mixture.  I fail to see
>how it can induce a lean mixture.  The vacuum extracts the exhaust more
>efficiently and thus pulls in a greater intake charge.

	When you pull more air through a carburetor, even a theoretically
ideal carburetor, the fuel flow does *not* increase proportionally.
(Argh--I packed my carburetor book, getting ready to move.)  The fuel flow
lags behind as you increase air flow.  This is one of the reasons why
carburetors are relatively complicated -- different circuits and all that.
Also a fundamental reason why fuel injection can do such a better job:  it
can be calibrated to deliver closer-to-stoichiometric ratios under a very
wide range of air flow conditions.

-Greg