Re: [T3] T3 engine rebuilt with bug block?

ScottR=> he used a bug block. ... Does that sound fishy?

Welcome to the list! Type 1 engine cases are not unusual in T3s, and as
others have already pointed out, not a huge pain to deal with. What it
and the aftermarket exhaust indicate to me, however, is that your guy
may be a T1 mechanic with little knowledge of T3s -- also not unusual --
and so may have done a lot of little things wrong in putting the car
together. My question would be what *else* has he done that's unstock --
fuel system, air intake, cooling system, compression, ignition system,
heat exchangers, frontend specs, electrical system, etc.? I'd be looking
at this car as closely and skeptically as if it had been customized by a
teenager. Lots of possible hidden snakes that could come up and bite you
in the butt later. What's the price?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 343