Re: [T3] Hood Adjustment

You may think that I am nuts, but I did the following successfully with our
T1:

Lock someone inside the baggage compartment!

Seriously, loosen the hinge nuts, give  your small friend a flashlight and
the proper wrench and lock him in the trunk!  You stay outside and adjust
the hood until it fits perfectly.  Once it fits well, tell your friend to
tighten all of the bolts that hold the hood to its hinges.  Don't let him
out until it is done correctly.

I, at 6'1" and 95 kilos, fit easily inside the trunk of my T1.  I haven't
tried it yet on the T3, but have sized it up in case I need to.

On a T3, I would advise doing this with the gas tank out so the baggage
compartment occupant has enough room to move from hinge to hinge.  Also,
make sure that your remote hood latch works properly so you release your
hinge tightening prisoner.

Of course, you could play it safe and just adjust it slowly by trial and
error <yawn>.

Good luck,

John
Zagreb, Croatia