Re: [T3] [Fwd: FS 1972 Type 3 squareback in BC

On 11 Jun 99, at 8:06, Thomas Mogombus wrote:

> Has any US listee ever purchased a car from Canada? How big of a hassle is it to
> license here?

Call your license bureau and ask. They will probably tell you that it
is no problem as long as you have a clear (Canadian) title, signed
over to you.

I believe that their only concern is whether this car is legally
yours AND whether this is a legal US code car. Since I suspect that
US and Canadian codes were the same when this car was first sold,
this should present no problem.

If you live in California, you may have to have the car inspected to
show that all the original emissions gear is still installed and
working properly. That might be your biggest problem, but it would be
the same if you tried to bring in a car from Wisconsin.

Jim