[T3] Pulled Engine

Hey all,

        Pulled my engine this weekend expecting to find the flywheel
loose and the rear main seal busted puking oil all over the place...
well... dunno if that's the prob now.  didn't have much time to check
things out but it looks as though the shaft coming out of the tranny
is loose.... is this supposed to have some play in it.... when I
messed with it it made a similar if not exact sound that I heard when
the car was running.... and it could have been tranny oil that was
leaking... and the clutch was thoroughly soaked.... what do you all
think.... bearing loose.... can that shaft have play... I'd say that
it moved a good 1/4 inch in all directions...
could this be my problem.... and now what should I do....look for...
save money for??.... ;o)

and now that my engine is out... what do you suggest that I replace
while I'm at it.... I'm gonna replace the clutch.... of course.... and
pressure plate.... plugs.... fuel line also... do è»o replace
the fuel line with that fabric covered stuff....??? what line should I
buy.... anything else?......

Robert
'73 out of commission back