Re: [T3] Air Cleaner question

>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:05:39 -0800 (PST)
>From: Steven Ayres <comwest@well.com>
>To: type3@vwtype3.org
>Subject: Re: [T3] Air Cleaner question
>

>TomC=> I've been looking for a stock air cleaner since last Oct
>
>I don't wanna be a wet blanket, but three months isn't much when
looking
>for good T3 parts. Be patient, it'll turn up. Where are you? Maybe
>someone here knows of a nearby source or high-potential swap meet.

I'm in Redding CA. The sahara desert in terms of swap meets! There's
nothing here unless you like V8's. The closest ones are in Sacramento
and the bay area, anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours (1 way) away.

>=> I know '69s had FI, not carbs so they're not original -
>
>Not necessarily. Carbs were available much later in Europe, weren't
>they?

Well, that may be so, but not in my car, they're not original. FI
connectors still in the engine compartment.

>Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
>'66 343

>Search old messages on the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/

Tom Cloud