1500S engine

Hi,
Thanks for all your responses,
I'm very keen on restoring the 1500S engine and I've gone the hard way
already with two 1600 engines.
I'm afraid my original question was a bit too long and complicated. I
don't need
to know how to do the overhaul. Like I said I've been there and cried
twice. What I need to know is which parts from the 1500 single carb (and
maybe the 1600) can be used for the 1500S, especially with respect to
heads, valves crank etc, basically all parts that might have been damaged
by the broken valve and bits of the piston that went inside. I wrecked
three notchbacks to build one beauty which is rebuilt with either
original parts I had, or NOS parts I could buy, no immitation or
aftermarket parts were used. I'm left with all mechanical parts of these
cars for use on the ghia. I collect everything
regarding type 3's and I've got the original workshop manuals and parts
books (in dutch, english and german!) and a whole pile of aftermarket
manuals, so no worries about documentation. However, non of these are
clear on modifications in time on the engine. Remember they use chassis
numbers for the parts and all I've got with regard to the engines is
engine numbers. All I know is that the 1500S is from '65, the 1600 is
from the early 70's, and the 1500 is from '67. As I live in Europe, it's
relatively easy (not very though) to find NOS or good used parts for type
3's. This also goes for engine parts, 1500S engines however, are quite
rear. That's why I was so happy I finally found a '65 1500S, even though
it's broken.
If anybody can tell me how I can rebuild the 1500S the best, safest and
maybe easiest way you'd make me a happy guy.
Theo Thepen
thepen@pi.net