Auto T-3 slippin'

Does anyone know where to find either a NOS auto tranny, or some firm to
rebuild automatic type 3 transmissions????  Mine works fine
until it goes into 3rd gear....the engine revs.  It will go into
gear everytime and if you ease off the gas it works great.  It
shifts when it's suppose to and kickdown works fine.  I can't
find anyone in this area (Kentucky) to have a look.  Thanks for
any advice.  Larry Adkins    lda@lex.infi.net

*****

Larry,

Your torque converter is what is slipping.  Have you checked your auto
tranny fluid lately?  Is it dirty, or low???

Just about any good Auto Tranny shop can get you a torque converter or
can replace it for you.  (It ain't cheap though, about $100 last time I
checked.)

You probably don't need to get the tranny rebuilt.  (That's about $500)

Big Al
awpresley@earthlink.net