RE: [T3] SPARE EMPI WHEEL

This is good to know, but it sounds like Im pretty much screwed for a spare
tire with the Empi's.  Now the question is, find another empi cheap or get
them all off the car as I never liked having to constantly polish and wax
the rims anyway.

Then the other problem is the tires are old enough that if NY is like OR,
nobody will touch them even though they are virtually unused.

Keith

<< Just to clarify, the only problem is that the studs are too
 long to stick a stock rim on with the cap nuts right?  And I need those 1/2
 20 NON capped nuts?

Actually it's a little more involved than that. On my wife's Fastback, she's

got 8 spokes (they've been on the car since about '95), and when I first put

them on I looked at the lug nuts that came with them to see if they would
work
in case of a flat. Turns out if you really look at the taper of a standard
1/2-20 lug nut, and seat it against a stock rim, you'll be surprised to see
how
little the taper fit actually is. What I'm getting at is there is less than
an
3/32nds of an inch of seating on the lug nut itself, and the nut actually
passes into the lug hole about the same depth before contact. Meaning it
will
bottom out against the hub / drum before seating against the lug hole. Very
scarry
when you get down to it. I ended ordering some race car lug nuts from
Speedway Engineering, these have a very large seating surface, and give me
that warm
and fuzzy feeling in case she ever needs to use the spare tire. I think I
paid
a buck a piece for them, but that was 10 years ago. Unfortuately, you need a

1" socket to use them, as the result of the larger seating surface. Just
something to keep in mind, and I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977 and now running the old
Notch motor with
D-jet FI . : )