RE: [T3] FI fuel pump relay and 70 FI Auto update

I've wondered about the MC bench bleeding "necessity", 'cause I've never
needed to do it previously.  So, I assumed it was either necessary for
OTHER cars or I was just really lucky.   ;)

That term was the only way I could describe it in a way I was sure you
would know what I meant.

Thanks for clearing up a myth for me.  :)

> As for priming the pump, there's nothing you need to do other than
> make sure that gas is free to flow out of the tank.

Cool, then I have NO problem there.  :)
Then that brings the focus to the pump.

I'll try the hammer bump and I'll doublecheck that I connected the hoses
correctly (just to make sure).

> > And I should probably disconnect wire 19 from the control module to
> > protect it, right?
>
> No, leave it alone. You're not jumpering any of the wires that lead
> to the control module; those wires are on the control (coil) side of
> the relay. The red wires you're jumpering are on the output (contact)
> side of the relay. This is just a simple way to bypass the whole
> brain/relay/relay/wiring harness jumble to eliminate all the
> complexities that are necessary for running but get in the way for
> testing.

OK, The Bentley states lots of big warnings about the possibility of
damaging the control module during testing so I guess that stuck in my
brain.  :)

Thanks,

Big Al
Houston