Re: [T3] Invasion

<x-flowed>Buy yourself a transmission jack to balance the engine/trans on while you unbolt it & you won't need a mechanic. I havn't pulled a T3 engine, but I use 2 floor jacks to pull trans/transferr case out of my 4 wheel drive. You'll need 4 jack stands too to get the car up. It's nice not to be at the mercy of mechanics, you can do it yourself! Mike Fisher Harrisburg, OR
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natassia Niblett" <nniblett@arnoldeng.com>
To: "T3 List" <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: [T3] Invasion

Ya I didn't think that's what it was...but me being so gullible I
believed my ex bf who thought he knew everything about MY car...how
funny he was! The cable is fine though...already checked it out and I,
being a tiny 5'2 chick with no muscles can't drop the engine myself so I
will consider a mechanic if I absolutely have to :-) plus I don't have a
stand or anything...and about the whole shifting without the
clutch...tried it...well only once...and the sound of my gears grinding
scares me I can't get it quite right and I don't have anyone to coach me
so I stopped after the 1st gear I grinded halfway down my street, how
pathetic I am lol.