From: "Doug Brashear" <dougbrashear@yahoo.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:39 PM
Subject: RE: [T3] Running hot

> Interesting...I have more or less the same issue. N the morning I generally
have to turn the key on/off a few times to bring the fuel rail up to pressure
before my car starts. I was never able to determine that there was airin the
lines...I just thought proper pressure was needed, or maybe my fuel pump was
fading.

> My engine (stock 73 FI engine, manual tranny) also seems to run on the hot
side, though I've never taken a temp reading.

> Is there a chance that a fading fuel pump is the issue, and to get the fuel
the engine things it needs I'm further down on the throttle than I should be,
letting in more air and creating a lean situation? I checked my fuel pressure
and it was right around 30...give it a few more PSI?