[T3] Headliner Installation

Hey All....FYI....I just installed my new TMI headliner in my square today.
I am one of those who would recommend anyone to do it themselves if they
have patience, common sense, and the desire to save yourself some big dough
by doing it yourself. And did I mention patience?
I bought my TMI liner from jbugs along with some other interior and exterior
stuff....I spend enough so they threw in their installation video and boy
was that nice to have. To watch someone do a headliner install (even thought
they did a bug) was well worth it. That and reading all the threads on here
and the Samba gave me the determination to do it myself...(sorry bobnotch, I
know you are not a fan of headliner installations, but this being my first,
I didn't have a sunroof to worry about!)
I am impressed with the quality of the liner, pretty strong stuff! Last
night, I attached it by gluing at the front windshield....strung out all the
bows, making sure I installed them EXACTLY where the factory bows were
(don't mix them up 'cause they ARE different lengths).....then stretched it
front to back (like they say), then glued it and let it sit overnight. Today
I got out my old hair dryer and took my sweet time gluing the sides
on....started at the passenger seat and worked forward (both sides), then
going back to the passenger seat and worked backwards. It took me all
afternoon to do that stage of the install today, so I'll work on the window
posts during the week.....but they will be easy to do now that the liner is
in.
The video showing installation on a early bug showed doing the window posts
first, then the headliner goes in last so it overlaps the post material at
the top....but on my T3, the headliner was put in first with the post
material overlapping the headliner where they meet, so I am putting it back
that way.....I hope this is the correct way the factory did it on a
T3....but if not, oh well, that's the way I'm doing it...I'm already
committed!
(BTW, I have been working on a full restoration on this car, so all the
glass was out anyway since this winter was the re-paint job.)

Anyway, if you are contemplating doing it yourself....my vote is to go for
it. The reward is awesome!

Dave Pallo
His: '96 Impala SS...(Sunny Sundays)
Hers: '72 Square...(still into resto)