RE: [T3] water leak @ windshield seal

Yeah,

These guys...in retrospect kind of f'd up. I went to the glass shop looking
to buy a mirror for another project, and as I had been asking around, I
asked if they could replace the windshield on my squareback. They said, sure
no problem. SO I made an appt. I specifically mentioned I wanted the same
gasket on the windshield-the kind with the trim in it. No problem, they
said. I told them I had a source for the gasket(I got the source from you
guys). They said they didn't need it, they could get it themselves.

So I showed up for my appointment. They had the wrong seal. So then I gave
them my source. They ordered. I made another appointment.

I showed up, and told them I wanted to watch the installation, and take some
pics. They said-no problem. The guy installing, joked about this being his
first time ever installing a seal. Turns out he wasn't that far off. He
mangled the metal trim, then took a long time putting the gasket on the
glass. Then they started getting mad at me, because they overstated their
abilities.

They couldn't get the windshield in. I left, came back later that day-the
owner showed up, and he got the windshield in. The trim is still not in the
gasket properly, that may be why it is leaking, I don't know. I don't really
know if I should bother going back there.

-Kevin

'71 FI squareback
'65 kombi
somerville, ma