[T3] working?

I was wondering about things working myself....this
seems to be the friskyist group I've been in in ages.
No threads for 2 days and I figured the server was
down.
Okies. I have a question.
Given the crazy weather we've been having in Detroit
here I actually managed to get a good look at my
little primered beastie w/o a foot of snow on her.
Apon removing the fiber mat covering the gas tank,
which I intend to remove and clean out. I to my
misfornune have discovered that both inner and outer
wells in the front are rotted through. One was very
poorly patched with what seems to be alluminum
flashing and a rivet gun. Which of course will just
make things rust all the faster. Both bumpers are
pretty much intact but the mountings have rusted
through at the welds where they meet the body.
Any suggestions on repair. Will if be easier to
fabricate the parts myself and reweld them or should I
be looking for a donor body come spring time?
According to the PO the beastie ('69 squareback w/ FI)
was running fine until he'd removed the exhaust to try
and replace it. Couldn't get the new exhaust to fit
right so he put the old one back on. After examining
what my head could see w/o jacking up the car. His
"putting back on" of the old muffler appears to be
bolting it back up and using bondo to stick the pipes
back together. Completly ignoring the fact I guess
that the pipes leading from the muffler are rotted off
 after about 3 inches. ;) Oops. guess that might have
caused his bad engine running due to the backpressure
issues any ideas guys?