Re: [T3] Clutch Troubles

It sounds like the return spring on the cross shaft is broken.  If you grab
where the clutch cable goes through the shaft that goes inside the trans
bellhousing it should be too stiff to move by hand.  If you can move it back
and forth then the spring on the shaft is most likely broken.  I can't
remember if this spring can be replaced with the engine in.  I'm sure others
on the list will know.  If not you can jury-rig an accelerator cable-style
return spring from the arm to the rear sheet metal of your engine.  If this
has happened it is also possible that the clutch cable has become detached
form your pedal assembly from moving the pedal with no resistance on the
cable.  In this case you will have to remove the pedal assembly but I'd try
to replace the spring before you remove the pedals.

Andre

 My clutch pedal has been laying on the floor