Re: [T3] Fuel line replacement complete

Jim Adney wrote:

>A month isn't really too long, but soaking in kerosene while you're doing other
>work certainly can't hurt.

I meant to give it a month to soak in the kerosene- this car pretty much
sat for over a year. Thats where, if the seal dried out, was when it
happened. The injector wasn't leaking when I bought it, so my guess is
that this seal dried out while the car sat idle.

>This is perfectly normal. There's no accumulator in our FI systems, so very
>little fuel loss is required to bring the pressure down to zero. The leak
>you're seeing could be thru the injectors or thru a fitting leak that's so
>small you can't see it, or it could be the pump.

I'm guessing it's a combination of factors. I won't see the leak in the
injectors unless I pressurized them off the engine and let them sit. The
leaky injector is definetely a contributor.

I repressurized the system tonight- took about 30 key cycles to get it
to 28 lbs. (I have got to rig this differently) Once it got there, it
quickly dropped to 19, as is normal, and then slowly started dropping
again, but faster than yesterday. I looked at the suspect #4 injector,
and this time I could see fuel actually dripping out of the seam between
the plastic top and the metal body. I think the leak has gotten worse,
the rapid pressure drop I think points to that.

I might not give this injector another chance. My wife isn't too
thrilled about the idea of fuel leaks in the garage, can't say I blame
her either....