From: "Mike" <fisherfarms@uwol.net>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Subject: Re: [T3] Squareback rear side window rubbers needed
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:57:27 -0800

Does anyone know which Parts Dealers sell this Cal-look rubber for a Squareback? I've only been @ this a month but I don't think I've seen it? Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Park" <topnotch@nycap.rr.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:48 PM

The Cal look rubber didn't really start getting bad till the Mid 90's as far
as I can tell, stuff made before that did seem to hold up well. It may not
be that simple eather as there were likely more than one manufacturer even
back then. Just a general rule of thumb, early repro stuff was better than
more recent. Look around at the car shows and see what shape the stuff is
in and ask when the car was restored... Ive seen a lot of fairly new cracked
stuff in recent years even here in NY where the sun isnt bad but I remember
a cal look seal on a 72 I had back in 92 that was in good shape after
several years service.

Keith