Re: [T3] (Photos) 1971 Notchback

In a message dated 8/23/06 7:49:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sjannick@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Hello All,
 I have a boat load of photos that I took this AM.
 The links are to the Directories where the photos are stored.
 I thought it might be easier than linking each photo here on the list.
 Hope this works.
 Thanks Steve

 First Batch

 http://pw2.netcom.com/~sjannick/1971%20Notchback/

 Second Batch

 http://pw2.netcom.com/~w9vws/ >>

Man, what great documentation of an unmolested car. :O That's a real
survivor. I looked thru them all, probably almost an hours worth with my slow dial up
service, and the details on that car are something. I hope you don't mind, but
I saved a couple of them for my own archives, as I haven't seen a late Notch
in person, let alone one this clean and untouched. I really loved this shot of
the rear apron: http://pw2.netcom.com/~sjannick/1971%20Notchback/DSC04351.JPG
I've never seen one this straight. :O

This pic had me asking what kind of fuel filter is this?
http://pw2.netcom.com/~sjannick/1971%20Notchback/DSC04359.JPG

There was even a pic for Keith, showing how much space is supposed to be
between the rubber bumpers on the front end with it at stock height.
http://pw2.netcom.com/~sjannick/1971%20Notchback/DSC04362.JPG

 Keith mentioned that late Notches used the 3 bolt door handles, but I was
surprised to see they kept the early style floor vent pieces too.
http://pw2.netcom.com/~w9vws/DSC04468.JPG
I would have thought they would have discontinued this set up, when they
changed the other body styles in 67 or 68. Or at a minimum with the newfront clip
change in 70. Apperntly they kept the Notch prett much untouched thru the
years, other than the face lift change to the later style. Thanks for the
pictures, I really learned some interesting stuff about Late Notchbacks.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977 and now running the old Notch motor with
D-jet FI . : )