To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [T3] 65 Square brakes

On 17 Aug 2006 at 21:32, DAVID WYATT wrote:

It didn't take much effort at all to twist that nipple off. I didn't feel
that I was exerting that much torque on it at the time.
I was a Helicopter Maintenance Officer and Test Pilot in the Army. So I do
believe in using the right torque. My A** was on the line.

;-)

What I would do now is take them off and send them to me. I will heat them up
and try to anneal the ez-outs. Once they are softer, I would try to drill them
out with a left hand drill. That usually takes them right out when there's no
ez-out in there, but I don't know how successful I'll be in this case.

The rear bleed valves are M6 x 1 thread and I have replacements, but I agree
that they should have been a little bigger.

I also have rebuilt 7/8 type 3 wheel cylinders as well as a few other odd
sizes, but it would still be best if I could see your old ones to make sure you
got the right replacements.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org