RE: [T3] Back to stock valve covers -- I admit defeat.

I have had much the same experience, only I made rubber washers to seal the
bolts and sometimes they leak too.  I went to Aluminum ones to quiet down
the valve noise and I think they did but the hassle isn't worth it.

Same experience with the Al bailed ones too, the bales are different and are
crap quality compared to the  OE ones so they don't hold pressure well and
result in leaks.

Will keep stock covers with the next engine (next year)

Been there..... wiped up the oil under that!

:-)

Keith

Subject: [T3] Back to stock valve covers -- I admit defeat.

I first began using bolt-on valve covers back in the '90s.  Never leaked as
long as I replaced the O-ring seal that went around the stud...which was
necessary every time because it basically had to be ripped out in order to
get the cover off.  I liked them because they looked good and didn't leak.
But I really began to tire of the extra time required in fighting to remove
the valve covers and to estimate how tight to bolt them down -- can't do it
very well with a torque wrench on self-locking nuts so I just had to use my
experienced judgment.