[T3] "Noid" light warning

I keep meaning to mention this....

I keep seeing these things called "Noid" lights (I think that's how
they spell it) advertised on ebay. Some FLAPS also carry them. They
are little lights that you can attach to your wiring harness in place
of your injectors. The idea is that you can use them to see if your
FI is working; the lights should flash if they get an impulse from
the brain. It SOUNDS like a good idea.

DON'T BUY THESE TO USE ON YOUR FI TYPE 3!

Many of the ads will tell you that they work on our D-Jetronic
systems, but they were designed for the Bosch L-Jetronic FI, which
used a similar, but different, connector system. I THINK they should
work fine on any L-Jetronic car, but I don't have any experience with
that.

The problem with them on our D-Jetronic FI systems is that our
connectors are quite different and the prongs on the "Noid" lights
are about twice as thick as on our injectors. If you force one of
these Noid lights onto your D-Jetronic harness it will work, but it
will spread the connectors on your wiring harness so that they will
no longer fit tightly on the D-Jetronic injectors.

The L-Jetronic connectors have lots more compliance, so this does not
damage them.

So:

DON'T USE "NOID" LIGHTS ON YOUR FI TYPE 3!

If these test lights have been used on your car, you will need to
pull your injector connectors apart and carefully squeeze the female
connector pins back together. If you have to do this several times,
you may have to replace the pins in order to get them to stay tight.

Keith Park has a large stock of the correct pins for our connectors.