Re: [T3] Radius Arm

<x-flowed>I'm almost a full bolt hole off on all 4 holes! My torsion bar needs to come BACK about a bolt hole. My rubber looks to be in good shape, so I wasn't going to replace it? I have to run my egg route today, so tomorrow will try the pry/jack/chain method again. At least it won't be my FIRST TIME! I'm going to pick up some longer bolts today in Eugene. Mike----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Wright" <Christopher.Wright@Sun.COM>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:10 AM
Subject: Re: [T3] Radius Arm

When I did this, I found that I could rotate the cover a bit and get one hole lined up enough to get a long thin bolt right through, then using that as a pivot I could lever the cover round with a jack to get another' long but correct thread' in. Then still using a jack I could strain the cover round far enough to start another, remove the thin one and replace it with a real one etc. It's a right pig of a job with new doughnuts but they sure do improve the roadholding.

Chris