Re: [T3] Suggestions on finding a short in the wiring harness?

<x-flowed>Back to the Battery, Battery connections and earths. It's there somewhere. Try feeling all the junctions of this high current path that you've just cleaned -just after it's died. You may find a hot one. Just to make certain we understand you, you removed and cleaned to bright metal both the car body and the straps where these are bolted down, and the connection on the tranny, you haven't got a loose connection on or in the battery terminals, and the battery is good? A faulty battery could also give these symptoms, have you tried another?
Chris

Graham wrote:

Update: Pulled the starter. Tested it. Dead. Pine box. Got a new
starter, made sure it was good, installed it. Problem still exists.
Pulled battery ground strap, tranny ground strap. Cleaned with carb
cleaner, cleaned up battery terminals, reinstalled. Starter kicks. I
crank it for 5 seconds, everything dies. Now, as soon as i hit the
starter button, everything dies. Back to this game. Any ideas?