From: BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com [mailto:BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:09 AM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] FI doesn't want to run

dave@hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

<< If you've fuel, spark at the plugs and compression, you should get a bang
 somewhere unless the spark isn't on the firing stroke.
 Could try a squirt of fuel in the manifold to narrow down the missing
 ingredient.
 If the timing light flashes for 1 and 3 in the approx right crank position
(ie
 timing notches visible), any chance the leads are wrong in the cap?
 Check by hand the compressions match the rotor arm position? >>

I have thought about squirting something down it's throat to see if it's a
fuel issue.

 Ignition timing is spot on, as I even pulled the valve covers to verify
their position in relation to the dizzy rotor. Wire leads are in their
correct
position too, as I made sure of that before I got too far along.

 I'm sure if this engine had seen some run time, it would have accepted the
FI much easier (plus I'm new to the FI on these cars, as I'm a carb guy :O )
,
and probably been running by now, but it was rebuilt over 2 years ago, then
it
sat with nothing happening to it until I put it in my 71 Square. It took me
while to slowly gather up all the bits and pieces that I needed to put the
FI
system together. Thanks for all the help.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof and IRS
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977 and now has a 2.0L  t-4
with D-jet FI
engine transplant, just finishing up the details. : )