[T3] Trigger Contacts...insulating washer

 b) What might be effects of a missing insulating (?)
> bushing?

[Jim Adney]   You don't want the contact to slip off
the side of the fixed point, and you don't want
anything to short to the base.
***  Then...what would be the effect on car
performance of one trigger contact shorting to the
base? That is...if the spring pivot assembly must be
insulated from the base...as seems to be the case.

 Are we certain that the broken non-metalic washer was
indeed from the base of that pivot post? How many
visible washers are supposed to be at base of the
pivot post? In the five or six sets I have, all seem
to have just one washer. Sometimes they move with a
little touch, others snug.
    Where else in a distributor could it have come
from?...unless it just sat in the bottom having landed
there in past years from careless storage or
something. Maybe it's not even part of a distributor?
It may be a McGuffin.

Yahoo! for Good