[T3] Wish me luck!

This saturday, I'm finally bringing my Fasty home if all goes well.

Currently, my Fasty has been residing at my parents' house, about 100
miles from me. I bought it in York, PA, in August '04, drove it about
200 miles to Long Island, and parked it. She was last started in Sept
'04, and stored with clean motor oil and a freshly painted floorpan (on
the inside).

In the interim, I've bought a house with enough garage space to start
working on her mechanicals (I was in an apartment before, hence the
whole reason she was sent to my folks') while I plot to take her to a
local VW restoration shop (conveniently less than 1 mile from my house)
to have the bodywork cleaned up. Currently, mechanically all she needs
is her fluids swapped out, bearings regreased, brake hoses, fuel lines,
and vacuum lines replaced, and perhaps a little tune up. She ran like a
champ on the drive from York to NYC, but I didn't dare drive her back to
Connecticut given the age of her fuel and brake lines (some certainly
look original, particularly the ones attached to the injectors, as some
still have their crimps).

So, on saturday, I'm renting a U-Haul truck with a flatbed trailer and
bringing her home, where she can spend the winter getting slowly worked
on in the garage while she waits to be back on the road after salt
season is over.

Hopefully I can get her started so she can get up and down the flatbed
on her own power. That would be nice.