Re: [T3] FI Issue Please Help

someone who recommends replacing everything is bad news.
the first thing i would do is check if you have a dirty fuel filter, or
there is possibly something in the fuel tank intermittently blocking the
output (like a leaf, a piece of paper)
after that check the flow of the fuel pump...
for starters anyway.
to me is sounds like a fuel issue and I would look there first.

if that didnt pan out I might try swapping the coil next.

good luck.

> Hi, I'm new to this, but I was referred here by a local VW club. I have a 69
> Fastback Automatic with FI. When I drive it down the road it acts like it
> has a problem where it's not getting gas then it gets a surge of gas then it
> goes back to not getting gas. Like a power issue when I push the peddle down
> I have to push it almost to the floor to get it to go and even then its not
> getting there normally. I've had so many theories of what it could be I just
> need to know if someone out there has had this problem before and knows what
> to do.
>
> What I have done so far to this is checked the timing, gave it a tune up
> complete with points and all that jazz, brand new fuel pump, all new fuel
> lines. I recently purchased a fuel pump regulator because I was told to just
> replace everything till it works, but that is gonna be costly :o)

                          andy       miami fl
                     64  'lenore'     68  'slowpoke'
                         T2 buy/sell babysitter

   South Florida Buspages     www.type2.com/~andy/sfbusses/sfindex.html
                     ICQ 109998779     AIM - bulli64
Philosopy of Leswests
*	We like to enjoy the good things in life.
*	We are in favor of activities which don't cost much.
*	We prefer to camp outside of campings,even if it's not too legal.
*	We don't bother much about keeping our West's as neet or closer as
        possible to the original look of a Westfalias, we prefer the
        utility and the personnality of the vehicule.
*	We try to repair ourselves our Wests.
*	We try to help each other at the most.
*	We wanna have fun!