Re: [T3] Parts Car

<x-flowed>Marion McDonald wrote:

Hi Folks,

Last Saturday while walking around in a salvage yard, I stumbled upon a 70 SB and a 67 or earlier SB. The 67 was picked over,but many of the engine parts were still present on the 70. Both appeared to have been there a while. The engine on the 70 still had the throttle valve switch, pressure sensor, distributor, injectors with mounting hardware, electronic control unit, generator, and air cleaner. I know many of these parts can be used on my 71 FB, but I wanted your opinions on the possibly that these parts have a chance of still functioning even though they had been sitting for so long. I did not remove the parts, but plan to go back and take what might be useful to me as spares or for any one else who might have a need for them. In recent days the list as been discussing fuel pumps. I did not look, but if the fuel pump is present, would there be a chance it could be made to function. Are there any other parts that I have not mentioned that, if they are there, I should get because of their rarity.

Cooling flap linkage I believe is hard to find, as are the little metal engine cover plates just underneath the fuel injectors/spark plugs. Unfortunately, neither are easily removed with the engine in the car. :(

The distributor would probably be valuable to anyone on the list that's stuck with a "replacement" 009.

Aaron