[T3] No Low Beams

63 Notch, basically stock

I had started this thread awhile back and never did get to the bottom of my
problem.  My relay makes a clicking noise when I hit the dipper switch but I
have no low beams, the lights just go out.  When I first posed this question
I checked and both beams on each headlight lit up when power was applied
directly to them.  I tried swapping another used relay at that time but with
no change.  I put the original back in and gave up.  Now I've pulled and
cleaned the terminals at each fuse and each spade lug where it joins the
fuse block.  I looked at the wiring diagram and tried to figure out how it
works...  Correct me if I am wrong:  Power goes first to headlight switch.
When the headlight switch is flipped power goes on to the headlight relay.
Hitting the dipper switch toggles the relay to send power through either
terminal 56a or terminal F.  Each goes through separate fuses to the
headlights.  This is the way I understand it from looking at the 64 and
later wiring diagram.  The trouble is that with the push buttons it's more
confusing.  At any rate I'd rather have no high beams instead of no low
beams so I thought I'd try switching the wires to 56a and F around as a
temporary solution.  (I know, I know.)  The weird thing is that I still had
only high beams!  CLICK high beams on, light on dash, CLICK lights off, no
matter which way the wires were hooked up!

I'm starting to wonder if the fault lies within the pushbutton block.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Andre