[T3] Planning SB Resto (1970)

Okay folks.  I've got a 1970 Squareback I want to
"restore."  I put it in quotes because I don't want a
pan-off (unless absolutely necessary).  Can anyone
recommend a site or doc about where to start and what
to check?  Below is a more detailed laundry list, if
you are interested.

BTW:  I'm in Austin, TX if you have any advice on
where to take it for certain jobs.  I can handle most
mechanical, but don't want to deal with tranny, engine
internals, or body.

Thanks,

Brad

1.  Rebuild engine.  It was running great two years
ago when I parked it.  I was thinking of farming out
the crankcase work (valves, rings, etc.), but I can
handle the rest myself.  The carb has been replaced by
a Weber that sticks out over the engine lid into the
car.  Any recommendations on a carb kit that will fit
under the engine lid?  I've never seen one advertised
that *definitely fits* under it.
2.  Rebuild interior.  The seats are in good
condition, but need padding and recovering.  I want to
keep it similar to stock, but I'm not in love with
stock vinyl.    I think I can handle this, since I've
seen many kits, etc.  No real questions here, but I'll
take any advice you can throw at me.
3.  Body.  Body is in pretty good shape.  One fender
needs some re-shaping after a cheaper body shop fixed
it.  I want to re-paint the whole thing, including the
interior.  The current color is beige, but I'm
thinking of VW baby blue.  Since I need new seals
almost everywhere, I was thinking of taking it to the
paint shop with seals, windows, etc. already removed.
Will I get a discount for this?  How much should I
expect to pay for paint?  I'll probably leave the
underside and inside of the "hood" the original color
to keep it cheaper.  However, I want a good quality
paint job (no cheap Earl Scheib.)

One other body note: Should I keep the roof rack?  I
like the look, but might be too rusty.  Also, the lip
around the roof looks rusty in many spots.  How can I
clean that up?  Seems very difficult dealing with the
small cracks.