Re: [T3] 71 with issues

On 6 Mar 2005 at 13:53, Rhiannon Maple wrote:

> It looks like the cold start valve has been removed from my car. The
> brushes suggestion did make the generator light turn off, but he hasn't
> been idling at lights with out my foot on the gas (New problem?)

That may just be because it needs the tuneup gone thru. Maybe the idle's too
low.

> The cool air fan has been making noise for a while and I reserved time
> to have it rebuilt by a mechanic. But I've heard two seperate things on
> this: one says that it has to be rebuilt because it is no longer being
> manufactured and the other says that they have brand new ones that they
> order. Anybody know if the new cooling fan is true or not?

Extremely unlikely that you could find either a new or rebuilt anywhere. You
would have to find a good used one or repair the one you have. The most likely
problem is simply debris in the airbox.

> Another thing that I need help answering is: on a ten-fifteen minute
> drive home last night something started knocking in my engine. I'm
> taking this as a really bad sign but can't be sure. It drove the whole
> way home but I don't want to think about firing it up until I have a
> start point to look at. I pulled the valve cover off to check them and
> noticed that the rotor on the distributor isn't moving when I turn the
> generator pully.

No way of knowing from here what the knock might be, but the distributor rotor
should turn if the crankshaft turns. It is quite possible to turn the generator
and have the belt slip so that this does not turn the crank.