Re: [T3] choosing interiors

In a message dated 6/17/05 9:47:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rdavid@rochester.rr.com writes:

>Has anyone recently purchased TMI interior panels and carpet and found them
>to be a good fit for our T3's?

Yes, I have used TMI kits in several cars. The fit on the panels is very
good, but some of the carpet pieces need some adjusting depending on the year for
the kit. The heater outlets on the early cars are what need the adjusting, as
last summer I did my dad's 73 Fastback, and the entire kit fit like it was
supposed to. Their seat covers fit good too, but you have to let them know what
style of seat back you actually have, as their catalog seems to be off by a
year or 2 (my 65 has 64 style seats, and my wife's 70 has 69 style seats, and it
makes a difference). Overall though, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I
even have one of their headliner kits in my Notch. About the only problem with
the TMI kits that I've found were a lack of instructions, but then these cars
are easy enough to work on that it shouldn't be a problem. When I got my kit
for the Notch, they even sent me a free video of their installation, but the
video was for a bug. Very informative though. Do yourself a favor though, and
order the new seals and clips for the panels, as that will make your life much
easier. :D If I remember correctly though, you'll need 2 sets of them, as they
package them for a bug, not a type3 (which uses about 10 more).

>Has anyone recently purchased SewFine components and found them worth the
>extra cost?

I can't help you here on this, as I haven't tried them. I have heard good
things about them though. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977
       69 Square, currently awaiting a t-4 engine transplant