[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]
<x-flowed> I just got back from my first spin in the buggy on the new engine. I last reported that the engine seemed to only be hitting on 2 cylinders. Well, it seems that some gremlin snuck into my garage and swapped the #1 and #2 plug wires. I know this must be what happened, because who would ever be dumb enough to hook them up wrong. A gremlin did it. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. Once that issue was resolved, it was just a little bit of minor carb adjustments, and I was on my way.
This was a rebuild from 1600 single port type3 w/ dual carbs to a 1776 with dual kadrons, mofoco 041 heads, and an Engle W100 cam. It seems to now have much more power than it had previously. I am actually accelerating up hills from 35 mph while in 4th gear. This would not have been possible before.
Thanks to all in the group who have helped me with the project, especially Jim Adney. Hopefully, I will be soon updating my website so that all can see the progress that I made.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List info at http://www.vwtype3.org/list | mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~